You can view, add and remove alerts via the Morepork app and web portal. We’ve set up a few important ones to get you started, but you can change these anytime.
You can receive an alert whenever someone arms or disarms your Morepork, or if you forgot to arm it when you left the house. You can be notified if doors, windows or the freezer are left open, when cupboards or cabinets are opened, or if someone hasn’t come home by a certain time.
For each alert, you can decide who gets it and whether they receive it by email or push notification (via the app).
- In the Morepork app, go to the main menu (the three lines in the top left corner) and tap ‘Notifications’
- Tap the toggle button to turn on push notifications. When the button is blue it means push notifications are on
- Tap ‘Manage Notifications’ to edit your alerts
- Here you will see a list of the alerts you already have set up. A green dot means the alert is on, a grey dot means the alert is off
- Select the alert you want to edit, for example ‘Alarm Events’. For each alert, there are settings you can choose to decide what you’re notified about
- At the bottom of the screen, tap ‘Add Recipients’ and decide who you want to receive this alert. To add an existing contact as a recipient, tap to select them from the list. If the contact is highlighted and ticked, it means they’re set to receive this alert
- Too add a new contact, tap the ‘Add Contact’ button on the top right of the screen and enter the new contact’s details.